CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 27, 2010

This is One Sweet Cake!

I want to share a recipe for an amazing cake I made for my family's first ever Christmas Eve family dinner with just our immediate family (plus Chris and Kent!)  Found it at Southern Living.    target="_blank"Growing up, my Mom's family celebrated on Christmas Eve.   For years we have always celebrated with my 3 aunts,  my uncle,  and their extended families until this year.  Our families have grown in so many different directions that it was becoming tough to "orchestrate".  So, we had our own this year, and it was wonderful and magical and just pure special.  My Dad and brothers brined and smoked the turkey (and cleaned a little) while my little sissy and I cooked.   My Mom loved seeing us all working together to "put on the show"!  And....it was our gift to her.  She came home from shopping around 5 and we had it all under control!  Merry Christmas Mom!
Well, the dinner was delicious and this cake was the highlight of the night!   I was one proud cook!  Seriously, it was absolutely wonderful.    And even better the second day.    Check this recipe out - you won't be sorry.  When I see chocolate, butter, brown sugar, cream cheese and pecans in any recipe I go for it!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment